Saturday, June 1, 2013

Date night

Neal and I (well, truth be know, I did) decided to go to a movie instead of going to the senior center for the quarterly bridge play off.  Neal gets very intense when he plays in a tournament and isn’t very tolerant of mistakes made by himself or by his partner (which is usually me).  I don’t like the feeling that comes over me when we play this game together so I try to avoid playing with him when I can.  Thus, the movie won out when I was given the choice.  We both wanted to see The Great Gatsby so the choice of movie was easy.  Did I like the movie?  Don’t know.  Not sure I would recommend it and not sure I would ever want to sit through it again.  Was it a good show?  Yes but not a ‘feel good’ movie.  It has been so many years since I’ve seen the old one with Robert Redford that I had actually forgotten most of the story line.  Now that I’ve seen it again, I know why I had forgotten it because it really isn’t worth remembering.  But, weighing movie with competitive bridge . . . . movie wins out hands down.

IMG_4920

No comments:

Post a Comment