Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Neal’s projects!

Neal’s projects always seem to turn into something much, much bigger than anticipated and this little project was no exception.  Our walk in closet has a light fixture that most people would think was adequate.  But almost since we moved into this house, Neal has struggled with how little light there is in there and how hard it is for him to match ties and suits together.  Almost every week (Sunday’s especially) he will bring out a suit and a bundle of ties, take them to the window to see if the colors match the suit colors perfectly!  We all know what a color guru Neal can be and it really comes to reality when he is putting an outfit together.  So, last week, his frustration got the best of him.  He decided not to pay any attention to the light voltage suggestion in the fixture.  He put in two 72 w bulbs instead of the 60 advised.  I told him that he was making a mistake but he was determined to get more light in that closet.  Well the lights lasted for about three days and then one day he turned on the switch and the fixture popped and no more light!  I suggested that he call Mike Dowse to get it fixed because it was going to require an electrician!  Mike came out Monday morning while Neal was here and I was at work.  I got a call from Neal about 12:30 telling me that he thought I would be really surprised at what he and Mike decided to do.  I could hardly wait.  When I got home, I ran upstairs walked to the closet, flipped the switch and this is what I saw:

IMG_5231IMG_5232A florescent light fixture that goes almost the entire length of the closet and yes, it certainly lights everything up.  He will never again have a problem matching ties and suits.  You almost need your sun glasses on when you walk in there.  Neal also had Mike fix the garage light and put in a light and switch in the downstairs bedroom closet.  His little escapade with too much voltage cost him $286.00!!  But, I have to say that it has sure made him happy and no more grumbling about the lack of light in our closet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment