Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother’s Day Post Script

While we were driving out to Annie’s, Neal and I got a phone call from Derek.  We talked to him all the way out!  40 minutes of non stop chatter.  He had Ting Ting with him and she wished me a Happy Mother’s Day as well.  I made some comment to Derek that dad and I would come back to China when he and Ting Ting decided to tie the knot!  All we heard was, “Whoa, whoa, whoa.”  With an added, “I don’t think I will share that comment with Ting Ting.”  We laughed.  It was good to hear from Derek and to know that he is happy and well.

On the way back from Annie’s, we called Tucker and talked to him all the way back.  Things are going great with his job.  They had a goal and he said it looks like they are not only going to reach the goal but hopefully exceed it.  They’ve signed on some big school districts in the area.  He also reported that Jamie and the girls are all doing great.

I called Maren but she was working so just had to leave a message for her.  She sent me a text from work wishing me a Happy Mother’s Day and then called me Monday morning as she was leaving the hospital and we talked for a few minutes until I had to go answer phones.

Thanks to all my children for another Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment