Sunday, May 20, 2012

Gam’s Jam–Strawberry jam time again.

When Neal cam back from Boston’s birthday party he brought three boxes of empty jam jars that Maren was anxious to have filled again.  So I ran to the store and bought strawberries, karo syrup, sugar, lemon juice and pectin and began the process.  I finished today and ended up doing over 70 pints of strawberry jam.  Of course, I brought out mother’s old tin funnel and thought of her and all the years of canning she did during my childhood.  A couple of tears were shed. I will share a jar with each of my families that I visit teach to and one for each one of my counselors and secretary.  Wish I had an oven (it’s been broken for over 4 weeks now and they can’t seem to get it fixed!) I would bake some home made bread to go along with the jam!

IMG_3768IMG_3769

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for your delicious homemade bread and jam!!

    ReplyDelete