Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I just finished a wonderful book by Stephanie Nielson

There are countless paragraphs of inspiration as I read this book.  But two paragraphs stood out for me.  The first was this thought (and I’m quoting from Stephanie):  A memory came back to her about being in a beautiful place, away from her body. She spent time with her grandmother and she says; “I was asked to choose.  I could stay there if I wanted, and be released from my physical body, or I could go back to earth.” (and what follows made me think about my sister, Annette who was taken from us so early in her life and about Judy, who was also taken at an early age).  Stephanie says, “In either case, I had work to do, and it could be accomplished in heaven or on Earth.  I thought about watching my girls get married and my boys go on missions, and I realized I could experience it from afar.” 

What a wonderful thing for all of us to think about and have a testimony of.  How blessed we are as members of the Church of Jesus Christ to know for a surety that all our loved ones are very close and they do experience and help us from the other side of the veil.  I remember clearly experiencing Judy’s presence when Tucker went through the temple and we were in the Celestial Room when Maren was married and we had just finished dressing her in the brides room.

Secondly, I believe as she does that God knows us each personally and that He understands our heart.  We all have challenges in this life but no matter the challenges we can rise above them if we believe that our Heavenly Father knows and loves us and we believe in the atonement.

IMG_3681

No comments:

Post a Comment