Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Has Come To A Close

The year ended with Neal and I at the bridge center playing bridge.  We had a table full of snacks and played bridge until about 11:00.  Then we came home and brought in the new year by watching one of the stations broadcasting from New York.  Big hype.  Have I ever said the New Year’s Eve has never been a holiday that I thought was worth making a big deal out of.  Even as a teenager, I loved going to the big stake dances but when it came time to pass out the silly pointed foiled hats, throw confetti into the air and blow some silly horn, that is where I lost interest.  Ah, but those who love certainly get into the high energy level and have a good time. 

Lynda Ann called us about 12:30 or 1:00 a.m. to wish us a happy new year and then told us that Derek, Emmi’s friend had been driving one of his friends home and was hit broadside totaling out the car he was in.  Thank goodness no one was hurt, but all were shook up.  When they went back the next day to see the car and take pictures then is when Derek and his mom realized the impact of the accident and how blessed everyone was to come out with little or no injuries.

New Year’s Eve was always a worry when the children were home and old enough to be out celebrating.  I’m grateful I never had one of those horrible and most dreaded calls.

I’m not one for New Year’s resolutions but when I was at church on Sunday, the Stake President said, “Let us all try to better this year than we were last year.”  I thought that was a great thing to do, so my resolution is, 1) to be better in 2012 than I was in 2011 and 2) to read the Book of Mormon all the way through and over again.

This has been a good year for Neal and I.  We both have good jobs that we enjoy.  We are both blessed with excellent health and have great callings in the church.  I will have served two years as the Stake Relief Society President this May and Neal is just beginning his service as the 2nd counselor in the Cottonwood YSA (Young Single Adult) Ward. 

I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Thankful that I was born in these latter days when the fullness of the gospel is on the earth.  I am grateful for good children who love us and for our posterity of 19 grandchildren.  The Lord has truly blessed our whole family.  May the blessing of Heaven be poured upon us in the year 2012 and may we all be mindful of those blessings and always remember to give thanks from where the are coming.  I love you all!  Mom/Jeannine/Gam

No comments:

Post a Comment