Thursday, January 26, 2012

A very sad evening

Last night our Relief Society Presidency met for the last time with President Parry. He is being released, after 9 years of service. He has been such a great influence on me and has been such a great spiritual leader and mentor. I have loved working under his direction and am very sad to see him released. I was teary through most of our final meeting with him. As each one of us left his office he shook our hands and thanked us for our service. I was the last one to leave and as he took my hand, he held it tightly, looked into my eyes, paused for a moment and then said, "Sister Maxfield, the Lord knew what he was doing when he called you to be the Stake Relief Society President." It was an emotional but very cherished moment. I shall treasure the time that I have worked under his leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment