Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Quilting

This is one of those Christmas gifts that gets used over and over and over.  Yes, it gets put away, sometimes for months or even years but when you need them, boy do they come in handy.  These quilting frame stands came from Jeff and Mindy one year for Christmas and I can’t begin to tell you how many times they have been used.  Used for making quilts for grandchildren, children and friends.  Thanks Jeff and Mindy for a very useful and well used gift.  I grew up with quilting frames set up in our front room periodically.  Often I would come home on a Saturday and walk in the door to see Lila Mae and mother quilting.  I remember as a little girl spending hours underneath the quilts while they were thumbtacked to the frames.  What great tents they made.

I’ve got some baby showers coming up so decided to get going and get all the material I had laying around finished into baby quilts.  These are the five I’ve tied since Sunday night.  My fingers got so sore from pulling the needle through the material that I had to use a pair of pliers for the last two quilts.  Nice to have them all done.

IMG_3006IMG_3007IMG_3008IMG_3009IMG_3010IMG_3011

No comments:

Post a Comment