Monday, February 27, 2023

Tucker Comes to Visit

 Neal and I picked up Tucker on Thursday night at midnight and then sat up until 2:30 talking and catching up him and his family.  I have to add here that when we pulled up at the airport to pick up Tucker I text him to tell us when he was coming out so we would know when to move forward in the line of cars.   He was waiting for his luggage that was taking a little longer than expected.  Finally I get this text:  "Squirrel has the nuts.  Heading to the treehouse."   Yup, I laughed right out loud.  

Friday, Tucker spent the day with Maren and her family and Neal spent the afternoon getting a massage and running errands for Lyndsy.  That evening Neal and I met Tucker, Maren and Greg out at Bonsai Japanese Steakhouse in Sandy for a delicious and very fun dinner.  I would recommend it to anyone. 





Saturday Tucker had a photo shoot up Millcreek Canyon but his model didn't show up.  He was irritated and disappointed that he had spent so much time getting all the props and camera equipment to the sight for the photo shoot. The girl apologized and said could they do it the next day.  Tucker and Neal got home about the same time and got ready to go to the U of U basketball game.  Tucker was going with all his buddies and Neal had been invited by Norm.  Norm did invite me but I most graciously declined the offer.  No interest in basketball and especially the Utes.  Neal and Tucker helped me set up the tables and chairs before they left.   While they were gone, I finished the table settings, peeled and cut the carrots, scrubbed and foiled the potatoes and made sure I had plenty of barbecue sauce for the chicken and then settled in to starting my new stitching project and grab a little TV.  

Sunday Neal and I attended our church meetings and then home to get all the food cooking so everything would be done promptly at 4:00.  Tucker made his famous bacon bits, which I might add were delicious!  We had a full house (I think 19 people) only missing Maddie, Grayson (who had just had his wisdom teeth out), Jaden and Desmond along with our California family and CJ and Justin.

After dinner and the table was cleaned up and the first load in the dishwasher, we played What Were You Thinking.  That is always a game of laughs and fun.  After that game the Gertsons headed by to Stansbury and Mallory back to Provo.  Taylor, Brock and Boston headed home so the rest of us play a game of Reds which I lost miserably.  Tucker loved that I lost and he beat me.  It was such a fun evening.  After everyone left we finished putting the final touches on cleaning the kitchen and then Tucker and I sat up until 12:30 talking.  

Neal and Tucker got up at 4:30 and left at 5:00 to take him to the airport.  I got up just before 5 to give him a hug and send him on his way.  I was so good to have him here for the weekend.  He always brings lots of fun, laughter and energy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment