Saturday, February 18, 2023

Valentine's Day

 Valentine's Day.  One of my very favorite holidays.  Well, I guess we are stretching it to say it is actually a holiday but it is a fun day recognized by most people.  I've already told how my mother always made it such a special day when I was growing up and I guess those memories have always stayed me.  I loved my childhood and that love mostly because of a mother who, as poor as we were, did everything she could to make any special day memorable.  I shall always love her for that.

This year, Lynda Ann, Mallory, Hayley and I met Susan at Joe Vera's for our Valentine lunch and gathering.  It is always a fun time to be with Susan and fun to have something a little extra to celebrate.  I think we are all still feeling a bit saddened that Lila Mae isn't with us anymore.  It is still a bit of a shock to meet for lunch and not have her there.  But each time we get together,  the sting of her absence becomes a little less.  Doesn't mean that we don't think about her just as much and miss her intensely, but time does allows us to smile and remember the good times without the sadness that has accompanied those memories in the past months.  


When I got home from this fun day there was a gift delivered to our front door from the California Maxfields.  Always a welcome surprise!  Chocolate Dunford Donuts, Godiva Chocolates and a beautiful Valentine flower arrangement.  What a delightful surprise and gift.  



Again, this year Neal and I sent out our Valentine's to the grandchildren with the traditional $2.00 bill enclosed.  Two people sent me pictures when they received their Valentine.  Of course cute Brinkley displaying the card and the bill.  



I'm assuming everyone received their Valentine's except Justin Hintze.  Sadly his came back.  I've text him asking for his new address but haven't heard from him yet.  

Neal and I made our annual Valentine dinner date at Market Street.  We had a delicious dinner and loved spending the evening together reminiscing about past years together.  Glad that we always do something to make it a special day for us.  


Happy 2023 Valentine's Day everyone!  We love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment