Monday, February 6, 2023

Temple Work

Last week I had the opportunity to do some sealings at the Jordan River Temple.  A group of us were sealing couples together and sealing children to parents.  As I knelt at the alter in proxy for a girl being sealed to her parents, I felt an overwhelming joy come over me.  I thought about the time, when I was a little girl, and we traveled to the Manti Temple to have Annette and I sealed to our parents.  

The temples provide an opportunity to do ordinance work for our kindred dead and for others.  It is an opportunity for us to serve those who have past on.  I believe that doing temple work helps us develop a kindship with our Heavenly Father and that brings us peace and happiness.  In the temple there is an influence and spirit that touches our minds, hearts and souls of those present.  

It is truly the House of the Lord.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment