Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Sunday Thoughts

 I got an email from Emmi and she mentioned that she loved my Sunday thoughts.  I was happy that she was able to get on my blog and read it and that she was enjoying my Sunday thoughts.  Not sure why I even started doing it but it just kind of became something I did each week.  I'm a little late posting my Sunday thought this week but I guess it doesn't matter if I post it on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, just as long as I get it posted.  So here is my Sunday thought for this week.

It has been fun to see the different temples being built in our area.  Neal and I have seen the one in Orem going up on the side of the freeway and also the one between Stansbury and Tooele.  It's fun to drive by to inspect the building and the progress.  There is so much progress, but we also know that building a temple takes a lot of time.

The temples can provide places for us to go to find healing, to be rebuilt and to be patched up, to find purpose and the reason for life.  The Salt Lake Temple is undergoing a huge changes and will yet undergo more changes before it is completed and functioning and thriving.  And the building, along the way, will probably has and will experience some setbacks.  But when it's finally done and completed, it will be majestic and glorious and resilient even though it has probably undergone heavy pressure and hardship.  The temple will be a sacred place once again for the many souls who enter.

Maybe the temple is like our own lives.  We are being rebuilt every day of our lives.  We undergo changes and more changes before we are completed.  We also experience setbacks in our lives but hopefully we can continue to move forward with resilience even through hardships.  

No comments:

Post a Comment