Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Mallory's Final

 Mallory had a final in her writing class at BYU.  She wanted to use Brinkley as part of her presentation.  She asked if I would come down and sit with Brinkley out in the hallway until it was time for her to have him come into the classroom.  I got to Provo and to her apartment just a few minutes before she did and while I was waiting, had a special treat.  I was sitting in my car and happened to glance out the window and there on the driveway was a Quail.  She was all fluffed up trying to stay warm in the cool wind.  I watched her for a few minutes and then noticed that she went under the car and I spotted another quail under the car.  It was so fun to watch them.  I show the pictures to Mallory and she was not impressed.  I learned something about Mallory.  She doesn't like birds!  Just like Susan.  I was so surprised.  Susan is terrified of birds and then I find out that Mallory doesn't like them either.  They fascinate me.  Those that walk along the ground and those that fly in the sky.


How can you not think these are the cutest sweetest little birds ever.  I just love Quail!  Mallory is loyal to Brinkley.  Her presentation went well and Brinkley was a hit.  After the class was over we drove through Jimmy Johns.  Got sandwiches and then I dropped her and Brinkley off and then picked up Neal at UVU and home.  What a fun afternoon.

The other day I got this cartoon from Mallory.  I'd seen it before but it has been a long time ago.  Probably one of my all time favorites!



You just can't help but laugh!!


No comments:

Post a Comment