Sunday, July 15, 2018

Remembering Jeffrey

Mindy text me a note that she received from a donor and I asked her if I had her permission to post it on my blog.  Here is the letter:

"I know what a special gift it is to receive the donated tissue and I appreciate it very much!  I needed bone tissue because of a removal of pins in my foot from 1989.  The pins did damage to my cartilage and bones.  I am now healing fine.  I am 3 weeks out, but wanted to offer my thanks as soon as possible.  With the help of this bone tissue, I am hoping to cross something off my bucket list.  I would like to run my first 5K when I am healed with the help of your loved one.  You and your family will remain in my thoughts.  Gratefully, Gina"

Very touching and I'm sure Jeffrey would be pleased to know that he has been able to help someone else.  I also told her that I had gone to the temple that day that she sent me the note and that Jeffrey always seems to make his presence known and it always makes me happy.

Quote:
"Who are we?  We are children of God.  Our potential is unlimited.  Our inheritance is sacred.  May we always honor that heritage - in every thought and deed."



No comments:

Post a Comment