Saturday, July 7, 2018

God Bless America!

God bless America.  Land that I love!  Stand beside her and guide her!  You all know that I am so in love with America.  No matter how bad things seems to be, I have to look around and see how free we are to move about the country and to worship where and how we choose.
Neal and I along with the Gertsons spent the 4th of July in Midway.  This seems to be a tradition and one that we look forward to every year.  This year Neal and Jeff went golfing up at Wasatch Park.  The actually golfed 27 holes.  The golf 18 on the Mountain Course and then did 9 on the Lake Course.  They had a great time and enjoyed their time together.  Neal and I picked up Jeff at the mouth of Parley's Canyon.  I dropped the boys off and then headed to Lila Mae's.  Lila, Susan and I had a great visit and then we drove to Kholer's Cheese Factory and got grilled cheese sandwiches and ice cream cones.  Lynda Ann showed up with the kids about two o'clock.  We barbequed hamburgers and hotdogs and had fruit and potato salad to go with.  About the time we were finishing dinner Jeff and Neal got there.  We finished dinner, cleaned things up and then started the Bingo game.  Susan had all kinds of prizes and we had such a fun time.  Annie played a card for Mallory and Mallory won almost every time.  The final game was the black out which awards the winner a special piggy bank with money.  I won!!!  I gave the bank to Lynda Ann and told her that I would donate it to Mallory's mission.
 Playing Bingo
Mallory's BINGO card
 Abby made some delicious cake bites on a stick.  Annie accidently dropped them but was able to salvage most of them.  They also brought rice krispie squares that were delicious as well.
 Abby holding one of the cake bites.  You can see they were decorated in blue and white for the 4th.
 We played Bingo for a couple hours, visited, laughed and had a marvelous time.  The change this year was that we decided not to stay for the fireworks.  With the location of Lila's new home we can't see the Memorial Hill from her yard and would have to go to the neighbors or over to the school so we opted to head home early and not have to deal with the crowds trying to leave Midway.  I talked to Lila later and she said the fireworks didn't start until after 10:00 and we were pulling in our driveway about that time.



Lila Mae also made (well she made me make them while she watched) cinnamon rolls that were to die for.  Man oh man, they were delicious.  I forgot to take a picture of them.  But I sure remember how they tasted!
It was an incredibly fun day and we will all look forward to next year when we continue the celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment