Sunday, July 15, 2018

An Evening at Log Haven

Last week we decided we wanted to have dinner at Log Haven and listen to our friend, Wayne Egan, play the piano.  He play up at Log Haven every Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.  He is a Jazz man so when I requested Can I Have This Dance for the Rest of My Life, he laughed and said he would see what he could do.  Wayne can play anything and is amazing at the piano.  I also requested Love Is Wonderful the Second Time Around.  He played them both and Neal and I left a healthy tip for him in his tip jar.
This is a picture of Wayne play the piano.
Neal and I at the piano with Wayne.
Picture of Neal and I and Susan and Gary as we were leaving Log Haven
We noticed this water fall as we were walking down the path toward our car.  Our canyons are absolutely beautiful and no matter the season you can all find unique beauty if you just look up and look around.
It was a delightful evening and one that will be long remembered.  You know I don't like Jazz, but Neal, being the good person that he is, bought a CD from Wayne as we were leaving.  I've played it and it is beautiful but just isn't my kind of music.  I feel like I'm in an elevator or a lobby somewhere.  Don't tell Wayne.  He would feel bad :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment