Sunday, December 10, 2017

A day with Lynda Ann

I left work at noon and drove out to Stansbury, picked up Annie and took her to lunch and then we stopped at Walmart on the way back home to get some needed materials for the project I had talked Annie into helping me with.  Lynda Ann also had some quilts that she was trying to get done for a service project.  She already tied 4 and needed to do 2 more.  So, while she was working on the managers for my relief society lesson I was downstairs working on the two quilts.  when I got the quilts done I went upstairs in time to get ready to go to Andrews band concert.  The concert was great!  Andrew is in the percussion section.  The whole concert only lasted 18 minutes!  Fabulous.  After the concert we hustled home to continue working on the managers.  Annie built 30 mangers out of  popsicle sticks!  Yes, popsicle sticks.  There is a story that goes with it that I will attach to the mangers when I hand out.  While she was putting the mangers together, I work on putting heads on Mary and Joseph and wrapping the baby in white flannel.  Annie tried making Mary and Joseph out of wooden clothes pins but you have to saw the bottom half of the clothes pin off.  She was trying to use her saw in the garage but for some reason it wouldn't work and she said the heads were flying around the garage when she finally got through the pin and wouldn't cut clean so we had to improvise with cutting a long dowel into small pieces.  Here are some pictures of Andrew at his concert and our manger project that we worked on until 10:00 that night!


Great job Andrew Man and great concert.  So happy to be there to support you!
These are the Mary and Josephs and the baby Jesus ready to be hot clue to Mary.

 Baby Jesus before they are wrapped!
 Annie had to lay out the mangers on a piece of paper to make sure they stacked them evenly.  We even had Emmi cutting some of the popsicle sticks that go on the short end of the stable.  What a project!
Thank you so much Annie, for your willingness to help me every month with my handouts.  You are amazing.  I would have NEVER built these mangers on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment