Friday, November 10, 2017

The MTC

Here are a few comments from Mallory about the MTC and how she is doing:

"I am loving the MTC.  We have class for 3 hours at a time twice a day.  I LOVE class!  My companion is Sister Haylee Rummier.  She is from California.  I LOVE her!!  We already taught our first investigator.  Her name was Kathy.  People always ask what the MTC is like but there is no way to explain it.  You would just have to be here.  I am making myself journal every night so I don't forget this MTC experience.  The MTC Presidents wife, Sister Martino spoke about the Book of Mormon.  She talked about how if you write down the questions you have, no matter how simple or insignificant you think it is, and then start reading the Book of Mormon then you will get your answers.  But you have to be sincere.  If you don't really care about the answer then you won't get an answer.  Sunday night devotional ,Brother Ryan Eggett, the MTC choir director spoke.  We sang some of the hymns and having all the missionaries singing at the same time is so powerful.  One of the songs we sang was Hope Of Israel.  I shall always remember the missionaries singing it with so much power.  I am having so much fun and I am learning lots.  I am learning how to best teach investigators.  The biggest thing is that I shouldn't worry about how I did teaching but how the investigator understood and if they felt the spirit.  It is not about the missionary.  I can't wait to get to Tennessee and find my own investigators!  It's crazy that I have een here for almost a week!  The days go by so fast!  I love you all so much!"

What an incredible letter from Mallory.  You can tell that she is in love with the gospel and being a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment