Sunday, September 10, 2017

Tomato Picking

Thursday morning, Neal and I picked up Ron and Judy and we headed to Layton to a farm to pick
 tomatoes.  First time for me and Neal picking tomatoes.  It only took us about an hour to pick to big boxes but I am grateful that I don't have to pick any vegetables or fruits for a living.  I admire all those migrant farm workers who spend hours picking for me to be able to go to the store and buy what I want off the shelf. 

As we were leaving the farm we stop and pay for the vegetables we have picked.  The young man who was collecting the money mentioned that he was getting ready to go on his mission in October.  He had his mission call to South America.  I gave him some money and told him to put it in his back pocket for his mission.  It wasn't much, but fun to be able to support the missionary cause.  We had the young man take a picture of the four of us and notice how dirty our hands are just from picking tomatoes!




I spent Thursday night and Friday night putting up 48 quarts of  tomatoes.  I called Neal to see if she wanted some but said she couldn't bottle them anymore because she just wasn't strong enough so I bottled 24 quarts for her and gave them to her for her birthday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment