Sunday, September 10, 2017

Celebrating my birthday with Susan and Lila Mae

There wasn't one Saturday in August that I could get together with Susan and Lila.  It took us until September to find a weekend that was available.  Lynda Ann's new job prevented her from joining us.  Mary is having some marital problems so she happened to be in Midway and was able to come with Susan and Lila Mae.  We met, as usual, at ShopKo in Orem and from there we hit numerous stores.  We ate at a Chinese restaurant and then shopped some more.  It is always fun to be with them.  I was loaded down with fun presents.  Some cute pint jars with labels for jam from Mary.
 Some cute hand towels from Lila Mae
 Giorgio from Lila Mae.  She knows I love this stuff.  The only perfume I have worn for years!
 A baseboard buddy from Susan.  Never seen one of these before.  It will be fun to try. 
Liquorice from Susan.  She knows that I LOVE liquorice! 
 Season five of Call the Midwife.  Such a great series. 
 She knows how I LOVE Talbots and usually always gives me a gift card. 
 I almost forgot these.  Lila also gave me some dishtowels for each day of the week.  Fun and needed.
The presents were great but I mostly love being with them and spending time.  Lila Mae is 85 so I need to take advantage of every moment I can to be with her.  She is in good health and I pray she will be around for many, many more years, but I can't count on what I hope..

No comments:

Post a Comment