Sunday, August 27, 2017

Sunday - Lots of thoughts going through my mind

As I listened to the talks in Sacrament Meeting, lesson in gospel doctrine and then relief society, my heart was filled and I just had to express my thoughts and testimony.  I don't want any of my children, grandchildren, posterity to ever doubt what I feel about the church.  I have a relationship with my Savior.  He is aware of me and sends me little tender mercies to let me know.  The Holy Spirit is with me, is my Comforter and reminds me I'm not alone.  I know I have a Father in Heaven who loves me, and I love him.  I am so grateful to Joseph Smith for accepting his mission of restoring Christ's gospel on the earth in these latter days. He did not flinch, he held the line and sealed his testimony with his life.  I am so glad I have the gospel in my life and understand where I came from, what I'm here for, and where I go when I die.  I'm very blessed to have the holy priesthood accessible to me and my family.  We are all children of a loving Heavenly father who wants us to gain eternal life and live with Him again.  He has made sure we have the gospel to guide us back to Him.  If you have any doubts, say a little prayer and start reading from the Book of Mormon.  Read it likelyou are starving, like you can't get enough, and ask God to let you know if it is His word.  He will lanswer your prayer if you are sincere in wanting to know.  I promise.  It happened to me.  It can happen for you, too.

I thought about Taylor and her accident.  What a whirwind that incident has been.  It seems like she is taking on the challenge of being a paraplegic, but I guess she doesn't have a choice.  She's so lucky she didn't lose her life.  It seems to me that she is still living her life as much as she can.  I hope her eagerness to spend time with her friends is a sort of emotional therapy for her.  Or maybe she hasn't come to terms emotionally about her future yet and is trying to "stay in the moment".  I pray her progress continues forward in a healthy way and jthat she will find her place jand direction in her life.  She will have many opportunities still available to her, just not the same opportunities as before.  Time will tell how she grows and heals from this experience.  I believe that she has a purpose to be here on this earth.  She will have to discover that. 

I also thought about Lyndsy.  She seems to be living an alternate world and it is one where she is the only inhabitant.  I wish she would get some counseling that would help her honestly see herself in the raw and would be willing to take accountability for her choices and make healthy changes in her life.  The sad thing right now is that she doesn't see her life that way.  She thinks everyone else is the problem and that she's living her life just fine.  In all reality I see her as disconnected from reality.  I don't believe she sees the respect factor.  She doesn't respect that where she is , isn't where I am regardless of how much she wants to connect with me.  I think she tried to connect with me twice, using Jeff as a conduit but it blows up because she doesn't respect the situation.  It hurts that she keeps poking and reopening the wound of losing Jeffrey.  I have to stand my ground and leave her when it reaches the breaking point.  I have to set that boundry with her that Jeff and Mindy, their kids, Jeff and Lynda Ann and their kids are off limits.  Whatever she thinks I did or didn't do for them does not have to be justified to her or debated. 

That pretty much sums up what was swirling through my mind today. 

On a good note.  I am feeling completely well.  I have an appointment with my doctor here in Salt Lake as a follow up from my hospital stay in St. George.  It was so good to have a trip with Annie, to relax and just laugh and not think about family issues and problems.  She lifts my spirit and fills my well to overflowing.  Thank you Annie.  I love you!!  Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment