Sunday, August 6, 2017

Projects and Birthday

Lynda Ann invited me out to dinner on Saturday for my birthday.  I decided as long as I was going out there I might just as well take advantage of Annie's help while I was out there.  She also had a project that she wanted to get done.  She thought it would be fun to do a quilt for CJ's wedding present.  I have my RS lesson Wednesday evening and needed to get my handouts put together.  So, while Neal and Jeff played golf for the afternoon, Annie and I worked on our projects.  We first tackled CJ's quilt and got it done.  CJ's favorite team is the Eagles.




We watched The Proposal, staring Sandra Bullock, while we were quilting.  The show ended just as we finished the quilt.  It took us about 2 hours to do.  Lynda Ann and I have tied so many quilts together that we know just how to do it and how to get it done.  Lynda will have to bind the edges and then it will be ready.  Not just sure how we are going to get it into our suitcase!  That may be a project in itself!
After the quilt was done I put my RS handouts together while Annie prepared dinner.  My lesson is on the Book of Mormon and this is my handout.  It comes from a quote by Apostle Nelson.  "The Book of Mormon is the Lord's tool of the harvest."  I found some miniature tools and miniature books.  I hot glued the different garden tools on the paper along with the little book, representing the Book of Mormon.  Abby arranged them for me and I hot glued them.  They turned out better than I hoped they would. 
After the projects were done, we cleaned everything up and Annie finished the preparations for dinner.  We had a delicious Mexican soup with cheese and sour cream along with my favorite dessert.  It is a sugar cookie base with whipped cream and fruit pieces on top.  Absolutely delicious! 
Thanks Annie for a fun Saturday and a delicious dinner!  We also played games after and (no surprise) I won! 




No comments:

Post a Comment