Thursday, August 17, 2017

St. George Trip

Our trip began Thursday afternoon when Ron and Judy came by the house and picked Neal and I up and off we went.  We left about 3:30 in the afternoon, stopping along the way for a light dinner.  Friday morning we settled in and the four of us ran some errands, picked up the famous pie that we all love, did some grocery shopping and back to the condo.  Ron, Judy and Neal wanted to take a nap and because I'm not much of a napper, I went for a walk along the golf course.  We played some bridge, had a delicious salmon dinner and watched a movie and then off to bed. 

Friday morning Judy and I dropped Neal and Ron off at the golf course and she and I headed to the shops.  We went to Chico's and then Dillards.  Neither one of us found anything very exciting but we had fun trying stuff on and just looking around.  Judy forgot a skirt for Sunday and she was able to find a cute one.  The men called us as we were just getting ready to leave.  We picked them up and headed back to the condo to have dinner and get ready for Newsie's at Tuacahn.  These are the plays we would be seeing this season.
The play was amazing.  I had watched the movie just before we came down and decided that the stage production was so much better and the actors so much better.

Saturday was golfing and then getting ready for Mama Mia.  This was by far the best of the two.  Absolutely love the stage production better, again, than the movie.  On the way we had a rain storm and a gorgeous rainbow appeared in the sky.  You know I always try to get a picture of a rainbow.






Sunday morning we went to Sacrament Meeting and then decided to go to a fun breakfast joint that we had heard about.  It was called Paws.  I had the most delicious French toast I have ever had in my whole life.  It was filled with Crème Brulee and was to die for.  We had to wait for about 1/2 hour for a place to sit.  It was packed the whole time we were there and as we left there were still people waiting outside for a place.  I will definitely want to go back there again.  We all decided that we had to make that a tradition.  The rest of the day we rested, watched movies, took naps, read and played bridge.  I went to bed not feeling completely well.

Monday morning we got up, had a quick bite to eat and off to Primm and then Vegas for a day of shopping.  I didn't feel that good but thought I would be fine.  We did have a fun time shopping in Primm, hitting the stores we loved and then back to Vegas for more shopping an early dinner and then back to St. George.  We were all exhausted and ready to watch a movie and then bed.
During the night I got really sick.  Stomach upset all night, fever, chills, sweats, etc.  Tuesday morning we had planned on the four of us golfing but by 7:00 a.m. I knew I was in trouble.  So I told Ron and Neal to go golfing and had Judy take me to the ER, thinking we would be back home in about an hour with some medicine.  Thank goodness when we got to the emergency room there was not a soul waiting so we were taken right in.  After blood and urine tested and x-rays, the ER doctor came in and said that he was going to admit me to the hospital!  That was a shocker.  Something that had never gone through my mind as a possibility.  I knew I was sick but not enough to be admitted.  He said that I had pneumonia and Sepsis and hopefully we had caught both in time so that I would only have to stay overnight.  Well, that threw a total cog in the wheel, so to speak.  We had play tickets for Shrek that evening and were planning on heading back to Salt Lake early Wednesday morning.  As it was, most everything went as planned.  I sent the three of them to see Shrek while I rested and got filled with antibiotics and had my blood drawn every few hours.

I was released the next morning about 10:00 with medication to take for the next 7 days and to go right home and rest as much as possible.  And that is where I am now.  Resting and typing our fun and not so fun week in St. George. 

I have to add my funny here.  The ER doctor came in and after listening to my chest and my heart, he said, "I'm concerned that your heart beat is a little fast."  I said, "Well, it is probably because I'm looking at a handsome doctor!"  He smiled and said, "Now I knew that we need to add a Psych evaluation to the orders."  The nurse said, "Oh please, don't tell him how good looking he is, he already has a big head."  Lots of laughter to ease the tension and concern that both Judy and I were feeling.
 Rash on my legs from the antibiotics.  I guess it is not uncommon.
Thus ends the story of our St. George trip.  Let's hope the next one or the many following never end up that way again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment