Thursday, August 3, 2017

73 Years Old!

I could say 73 years young but I'm okay with the word old.  I've earned it.  I went to the doctor this morning for my annual check up and he said I was as healthy as a 50 year old and certainly didn't look 73.  More like fifty something.  Very nice of him.  He said I'm in excellent health.  The only thing he was a little concerned about was my cholesterol.  I guess I'm going to have to take a pill every day.  First time in my life I've ever had to take a prescription medication.  Not happy about it, but can't complain when I realize that I'm 73.  So, I shall be off to the pharmacy to pick them up.

After the doctors I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned.  All was well there.  No problems.  After that I headed to work.  Had a fun time there.  The girls gave me a $50.00 gift certificate and decorated my office.  They also took me to lunch.  We had such a fun time.

Neal surprised me this morning with a gift certificate from Talbots for $150.00.  He certainly outdid himself.  I shall enjoy spending every penny of it.

Then to top the day off I got a text from Emmi and Mallory wishing me a happy birthday.  A call from Lynda Ann to wish me a happy day.  Then Tucker called me and a beautiful bouquet of flowers was delivered to the house from my California family. 

I also got calls from Lila Mae and Susan and a text from Lyndsy.  Lots more activities planned for this weekend and more pictures and posts will be coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment