Thursday, May 18, 2017

Mother's Day

Neal was having his 5 year colonoscopy on Monday, the day after Mother's Day.  So, he would not be able to eat any solids.  Just liquids.  So we decided to celebrate Mother's Day on Saturday.  We had Maren and Greg and kids, Lynda, Jeff and kids and Mindy.  We had hamburgers and all the trimmings and I also made the watermelon ice cream.  It was a nice day.  The weather went from warm chilly and back to warm again.  Neal let Lynda, Maren and Mindy choose one of the patio planters to take home with them.  I also game them a sweet bread and a dishtowel that said "Mother's Day" on it. 

Lynda Ann gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers that is still looking fresh and beautiful.  Thanks Annie.  I'm still enjoying them. 

Sunday Tucker called and we talked for nearly an hour.  It was so good to hear his voice and spend some time getting caught up on all the family in California and here.  I love talking with Tucker and he always makes me happy and laugh. 
 Jamie sent me this collage along with these words:  "To one of my most favorite humans on the planet, happy mother's day!!  I love you!  I love how caring you are, how thoughtful, genuinely interested in people, observant, giving, talented, smart, fun, spontaneous, beautiful and open hearted!  I'm so lucky you're my mother in law and more importantly, my friend.  I miss you!!!"  Thank you Jamie for those very kind an beautiful words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment