Friday, April 28, 2017

Email for Judith Lee

I arrived at work this morning and immediately checked in with my email hoping that there would actually be a response to my email sent to the family of Jeff's birth mom.  Nothing came back.  I was a little disappointed but I need to be patient.  If I'm supposed to do her temple work then it will happen eventually.  This is the letter I sent and will be sending until I get a response from someone out there:

Dear family member of Judith:

I am writing this email in hopes of finding and getting a response from a family member of Judith Lee Prichard Werner.  My name is Jeannine Maxfield and I live in Salt Lake City, Utah.

On May 20, 1968 a little boy was born to Judith.  For circumstances that only she knew and understood, she made the decision to give the baby up for adoption.  My husband and I were blessed to be given the opportunity to adopt this little boy when he was just 3 days old and raise him as our own.  We had him for 48 wonderful years.  He passed away unexpectedly on January 28, 2016.  He accomplished much in his short life.  Marriage, children and a PHD in medicine.  Judith would have been proud of him as were we.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (commonly known as the Mormons).  Because our beliefs are centered around families, genealogy, and doing temple work for those who are deceased, I am writing you.  I have always had a deep love and gratitude for Judith for giving me the opportunity to be a mother.  I know her decision must have been the hardest decision she ever made in her life.  Since Jeffrey's death my interest in finding Judith became a high priority.  I was saddened when I learned that, she too, had passed away at a young age.

I would very much like, vicariously, to do her temple work bur cannot do that without permission from a blood relative.  This is why I'm reaching out to Judith's family, hoping that one or all of you will respond to my email and that I might have permission to move forward with Jeffrey's birth mother and researching his ancestry.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email.  I hope to hear from you and want to reaffirm how grateful I am and the love I have for Judith and her great gift to me.

Most sincerely,

Jeannine Maxfield

P.S.  A little more about us.  My husband and I have 7 children.  The two oldest, Jeffrey and Lynda Ann were adopted.  Lynda Ann has also done research on her birth parents. 


No comments:

Post a Comment