Sunday, April 30, 2017

Busy Weekend

Friday evening Neal and I entertained Keith and Zona Smith and John and Chris Springman.  Both husbands were in the stake presidency when I was serving as the stake relief society president.  We have wanted to get the group together since I've been released and this was the first night we were able to do this.  The two couples got together often and played Rook.  We were anxious to get them together with us and teach them how to play 6-handed Rook. 

We had a delicious dinner of Chinese Haystacks and then played Rook.  I have to add here that Neal was carrying the hot chicken sauce that goes on the haystacks and he dropped the bowl!!  He actually caught it and was able to get the bowl to land on the bar.  We had the chicken sauce running down the side of the bar and some had splattered all over the floor.  It was a mess to clean up.  We lost about 2 cups of sauce but still had enough for dinner. 

It was a fun evening and they seemed to really enjoy playing Rook with 6 instead of 4.  I believe the winner for the evening was John Springman.  He seemed to get all the hands.  One hand that was dealt to him he was able to call his partners and then just lay down the hand and declare!  We had two 360 hands dealt that night.

Saturday morning I met Annie, Abby and Mallory at Home Depot on 21st South.  We then drove to Orem to meet Susan and Lila for our Mother's Day get-together.  We met at ShopKo and from there went to Chili's for lunch.  Lunch was delicious and we had a wonderful visit and many laughs.  Lots of reminiscing.  We also exchanged Mother's Day presents.  Susan gave me two Spode Christmas bowls, some darling flour sack dish towels and a card with $50.00 Talbot money! 

 Lila Mae gave me some Giorgio perfume and a Jackie Evancho CD. 
 The gingerbread man is hand stitched in the middle of the towel.  I'll be afraid to use them for fear I'll wear them out from use and washing. 
 I have to tell the story about the red ribbon.  I ran downstairs to get ribbon and a couple boxes to wrap the presents.  I came upstairs and proceeded to wrap the presents.  I put Susans present in one of the boxes I had found downstairs and wrapped it.  I look around for the ribbon that I had brought upstairs and couldn't find it anywhere.  Good Grief!!  I look all over on the counters, the floor, every place I could think of and couldn't find the stupid ribbon.  I finally had to stop and replay in my mind what I had done with the ribbon when I was downstairs.  It dawned on me that I had thrown the ribbon in the box to bring it upstairs and forgot to take it out!  I put Susan's clogs in the box on top the ribbon and wrapped it!  So when I gave Susan the present I told her that I wanted the ribbon back.  We had a good laugh over that one! 



No comments:

Post a Comment