Sunday, January 31, 2016

People have been so kind.

Thursday evening when I came home from the hospital.  I was feeling pretty low.  I was going to change into my jams and spend some time going down memory lane with pictures.  Something told me not to change just yet.  I tried to ignore the prompting but again I felt that I shouldn't change.  About 10 minutes later the front door bell rang.  I opened the door and there was President and Sister Parry.  They came in and we visited for about 15 minutes.  It was comforting and very timely.  How I love the Parry's.

Friday evening, the same thing happened.  I was ready to put on my jams and had a feeling that I should wait.  I headed toward the closet to change and again I had an impression that I shouldn't change just yet.  About 15 minutes later the door bell rang.  I answered it and there was President Little and his wife Jan.  How wonderful to have people come by and express their love and concern.  This is the plant they brought to Neal and I.


Ron Lund (my boss), Ashley Hall, Heather Edwards and Dorothy Adams came by the house Friday morning and visited and brought me these beautiful flowers.
Then Saturday morning the doorbell rang and it was a delivery of flowers from Crystal (Sorensen) and her husband.  I was totally taken back and reading her note certainly brought me to tears.  People are just amazing.

We have also found water, a book and oranges on the porch from Karla Bartholomew who works with me.  A while later, there was a tray of meat and cheese and bread and a flower arrangement from Nanette and Vern.  I'm so grateful for all the expressions of love and concern that have come our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment