Sunday, September 13, 2015

A busy and very productive Saturday

I am in charge of making the invitations to our October Leadership meeting for our Relief Society Presidencies and of course, I involved Annie in it.  Lynda Ann's birthday was Tuesday and I had work and meetings that evening and she was working so her birthday slipped by with a call and a song.  I did manage to send her a bouquet of daisies with a pink rose.
Saturday rolled around and Annie suggested that Neal and I come out so that we could see their home all finished with the new downstairs, carpeting and paint.  Hayley and Mallory's room were also painted and had new carpet put in them.  She said Neal and Jeff could go golfing and she and I could put dinner together and then work on my relief society invitations.  Neal thought that was a marvelous idea.  He will go golfing any time he is invited!

With the help of Annie, Mallory and Abby we got all 31 invitations put together.  A project that would have taken me countless days to do on my own. I did some research on the internet to find out how to cut a circle of paper dolls all connected and holding hands.  Pretty cute, huh?  Abby and I will attest to the fact that cutting them out was MISERABLE and not easy.  Abby totally hung in there to the very last circle of dolls!  Thanks Abby!  Mallory spent most of her time tracing the dolls on the construction paper so that Abby and I could then cut them out.  In the mean time, Annie was figuring out how all of this was going to come together.  You will see that the end project was the creative mind of Lynda Ann.  Thanks girls for helping your mom/Gam get this project done!

Below is a picture of what Mallory traced around.

 Finished invitation.


 The men came home as we were finishing up so we set the table and had a delicious dinner.  Lynda Ann had made a cake for Jeff for his birthday, which is today, She created an ice cream cake with animal crackers on the outside and animal cracker ice cream on the inside.
Oh and I will add here that the frosting on the cake was the highlight of my day.  The ending highlight was my BYU football team beating Boise.  Great ending for a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment