Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Still having the opportunity to serve as the Stake Relief Society President!

I am sooo happy that I'm not being released yet!  I'm now in my sixth year of my calling as the Stake RS President and loving every moment of it.  I started out with Emily Kikkert, Lisa Dahlstrom and Linda Knight.  Then Linda was called to be the RS President of her ward so I chose Vicki Parry to be my secretary.  Then Emily Kikkert was called to be the Stake YW President so I Vicki was put in as my first counselor and Debbie Woodward was called as the new secretary.  Then Debbie was taken to be the YW President in her ward and Rebekah Oliphant was called to be the secretary.  This year (last week to be exact) President Little called me and told me that Vicki Parry was being called to be the new RS President of her ward.  We have our stake conference coming up at the end of this month and my heart sank because I thought for sure he would just release us all and put in a whole new presidency but he didn't.  He said that he wanted me to think about who I wanted to call to take her place.  I was soooo happy!!!  Just want this calling to go on forever!!  I'm thinking that I would like Lisa Dahlstrom called to be my first counselor, Rebekah called to be my second counselor and then through some inspiration, prayer and temple attendance suggest a sister in the stake to be the new secretary.  President Little made the comment that if I didn't train them so well the Bishops wouldn't keep taking them away from me!

President Little also ask me to serve on a committee to change the ward boundaries.  Of course this is to be a well kept secret until everything is decided and announced.  I'm thrilled that he called me to serve on the committee and am anxious to see how this process works.

What a joy and so many blessing having the opportunity to serve in this capacity.  I think my Father in Heaven often for this calling that I love so much.  So thankful for my testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel.  Grateful for a good mother who sacrificed so much for me and did all she did, made all the decisions she did to help keep me growing and active in the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment