Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Last Wednesday was a crazy evening!

I had to post this because I know in the future I won't remember exactly how the evening went and that I could actually accomplish all I did from 5:15 (the time I arrived home from work) until 9:30 when I was done and had everything delivered.

Thursday night the ward RS was having a share your recipes and food night.  I had signed up and then found out we were leaving for Scofield Thursday right after work.  I couldn't very well go back on what I had committed to and the recipes that I had submitted were Swiss Bread, Lasagna and garlic spread.  So, I got home at 5:15 and started making the bread.  I was getting ready to add the flour to the liquid when my doorbell rang and it was my visiting teachers.  I was already stressed but with a smile on my face patiently listened to the lesson and visited with them for about 45 minutes.  I could feel the stress building inside me!  When they left, I went back to the bread, got it all mixed and kneaded and in the bowl to rise.  While the bread was rising, I started making the lasagna sauce.  The sauce has to simmer for an hour so as I finished the sauce and turned it down to simmer, I punched the dough down and shaped the dough into braided loaves and put them in the pans to rise.  While they were rising and the sauce was still simmering, I made the garlic spread for the french bread.  I then put the bread in the oven to bake.  While the bread was baking I cooked the noodles and layered all the ingredients into the two 8x10 dishes.  Just as I put the lasagna into the fridge, the buzzer rang for the bread.  I pulled the bread out of the oven, buttered the tops and put them on a cloth to cool.  I gathered the lasagna, the garlic spread, the French bread and two loaves of Swiss bread and headed over to the RS President house to deliver everything for Thursday night.  I also gave Sally (RS President) a loaf of warm bread for a late evening snack.  I got home about 9:30 and cleaned up my poor disaster of a kitchen and at 10:00 headed up to bed.  What an evening!  But I did it and was proud of my accomplishments.  Never tell a woman that she can't multi-task when put to the test.  I am living proof.



No comments:

Post a Comment