Monday, June 15, 2015

I'm going to write a talk!

Neal and I had the opportunity to be invited again to Scofield with Ron and Judy.  What a delightful weekend we had.  I've already put pictures on about their cabin and golfing but there was one incident that took me so by surprised and I just had to take a picture of it and thought it might be a great subject for a future that I'm sure I shall be giving in some Sacrament Meeting as I move forward in this fabulous calling that I'm experiencing.

So Judy mentioned that she wished she had some flowers on her table.  So cute Ron went out and gathered a bunch of dandelions and put them in a vase on the table.  We all laughed about his ingenuity.  As we were getting ready to leave and head home on Sunday afternoon, Ron noticed that one of the Dandy Lions had actually kept going through it process of budding, flowering and turning to seed for someone to pick, make a wish and blow the wish to the wind.

I looked at it and thought, "what preserverance".  This Dandy Lion was not going to give up.  It was going to endure to the end, fulfill it's purpose of reseeding until it was no longer anything but a stem! What a great subject for a talk.  I think I'll have this picture printed and maybe even hang it somewhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment