Thursday, June 25, 2015

Annette's birthday today and missing her!

Today would be Annette's 76 birthday.  Oh my goodness.  I can't even imagine Annette at 76.  Maybe that is the nice thing about dying young is that you always remember her as young and vibrant.  Annette was vibrant.  Her life was full of adventure and her journey on this earth had many twists and turns.  Annette was one who created what she wanted and when she was committed - there was nothing that could get in her way.  I think Mother was the most surprised when she decided to go on a mission because she knew what Annette had been through.  I believe it was Annette's way of solidifying her love and commitment to the gospel.  What a great example she was and is to me.  I love her and miss her deeply.  As her birthday rolls around each year memories of our childhood, teen years and adult years come flooding back.  We even lived across the street from each other as newly weds.  Here are some of my favorite pictures of her.  And this is how I choose to remember her.  The first picture is of Annette, Lila Mae and me.  The next two are of Annette as I remember her before cancer took her from us.


And this is my favorite picture of she and I together.

No comments:

Post a Comment