Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Sharing a very personal and beautiful experience

Now that my blog is blocked, I feel more comfortable writing more personal things.  I've had a few experiences in the temple that I've never recorded but feel a need to get them on paper for my posterity.  First let me say that I LOVE the temple.  There is no where one can go to get more training about the gospel and about life and the plan of salvation.

Just last week I decided to leave work a little early and drive out to the Jordan River Temple and go through a session.  As I was driving out there I was thinking about my mother and how much I still missed her.  I don't think that deep need for my mother will ever go away or lesson with time.  So as I entered the temple I thought, "Wouldn't it be nice if I could feel her presence in the temple."  I went to the dressing room, changed quickly, received the name for the person I was going through for and headed up the escalator.  As I reached the top a sister asked me if I was with someone or alone.  I told her I was alone and she said that if we hurried she might be able to get me in on the session that was just getting ready to start.  We hurried down the hall and just as they were closing the door, I slipped in.  I sat on a row by myself and as I sat down I felt the presence of someone by me.  I was so overwhelmed with the feeling of love and peace that tears flowed down my cheeks freely.  After a few minutes the feeling slowly slipped away and I enjoyed the rest of the session.  As I walked up to the veil the very same feeling came across me again.  I could hardly speak clearly my part.

Was it mother?  I can't say for sure, but I think so.  Was it the sister I was going through the session for?  I just don't know maybe she was there too.  I can only tell you that it was real and undeniable.  I am so thankful for these kind of experiences that give me a firm testimony that our prayers are not only answered but that there is life beyond here and that the veil is thin enough to look through if we were righteousness enough to have the spiritual eyes needed.

What a wonderful blessing I received that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment