Sunday, February 1, 2015

“Death comes unexpectedly”

The above statement comes from a line in Pollyanna and I couldn’t help but think of that this past week.  My goodness!  What a week it has been.  In the past two weeks we have had three people from our ward pass away and then Neal’s good friend Rick Perry and the last one was my brother-in-law, Max, who is married to Lila Mae. 

IMG_1636

Friday night Neal and I traveled to Midway for the viewing of this great, gentle giant.  I loved Max and will miss him.  He was the one who stepped in and took the place of my father.  He was the only one that I would allow to baptize me.  I trusted no one else to be dunking me in the water.  I was scared to death of water and didn’t want to be drowned!  I spent every summer at Lila Mae and Max’s home.  I would go with Max every day to the fields to mow the hay and then bail it.  Went every morning and evening with him to bring in the cows.  Max always let me straddle the hood of the tracker and ride up the road or stand behind him by the wheel.  I loved being with him and always felt safe.  He was a good man and will be missed.

IMG_1619IMG_1626IMG_1627IMG_1628IMG_1630IMG_1631IMG_1632IMG_1635

IMG_1638IMG_1639

No comments:

Post a Comment