Thursday, December 5, 2013

Scary news flash!

Somehow you never think that one you love might be involved in a scenario like this.  Both Emmi and Mallory go to Stansbury High School.  This news flash was a little too close for comfort and came on my screen at work.  Lynda Ann assured me that the girls were fine.

“The lockdown of three schools has been lifted.  Stansbury High School was placed under lockdown after shots were fired nearby.  All of the students are safe and parents should not try to come to the school.  The Tooele County Sheriff’s Office reported hearing shots fired in the Stansbury Park neighborhood.  Troopers are currently on the scene and have surrounded a house at 745 Country Club Drive with rifles drawn.”

That night on the 10:00 o’clock news it was reported that a police officer had committed suicide in his home.  Very sad ending to this story.  I’m so grateful that it wasn’t some lunatic running through the school shooting anyone in sight. 

I thought about the Thanksgiving Holiday that we had all spent together.  I am so thankful for good children and good grandchildren.  I reflected on the week and many activities that brought us together almost each day.  I’m so grateful that my children and grandchildren love each other and enjoy being close and sharing time together.  I know that every family has issues.  We are not only a combined family but a big group and there are bound to be differences, frustrations and misunderstandings.  We all need to not be quick to judge a situation or each other.  I know that families are eternal, and God put us in families for a reason.  I love my children and grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment