Monday, August 26, 2013

Some very sad news

Tucker called each member of the family to let us know that Jamie’s little brother, Ryan, was killed in a car accident.  No one likes to hear sad news and tragic news, such as this, is always the hardest to have to hear.  I have learned some lessons from my own experience with dealing with the loss of a loved one:  First, life is short.  Whether we die at 17 or 90 – life is short and saying “goodbye” is deeply felt and goes right to the core of your feelings.  Second:  I believe in eternal families and that life continues on.  Third:  That there is a purpose of life.  We are not just randomly here.  We each individually made a choice to come to this earth for a short time.  And fourth:  We are all dependent on the miracle of Christ’s atonement. 

It is all of the above that gives me the courage to carry on each day, to feel deeply the loss of a loved one but to feel deeply the joy that comes from knowing that this is just a short moment in our progression back to our Heavenly Home.

I have no words that will take the pain away from Jamie.  I can only say how much I love her and tell her to lean heavily on her Father In Heaven for the comfort that she will so desperately need for the next while.

I love you Jamie!

No comments:

Post a Comment