Sunday, August 25, 2013

Before and after

For a long time I’ve wanted to put glass in a couple of the kitchen cupboard doors.  The thought has been swirling around in my mind for months.  I hadn’t shared my idea with Neal because I wanted to make sure this was really something I wanted to do.  Finally I threw out the idea to Neal.  He thought it was a fun idea and worth looking into.  One Saturday we wandered down to Chris and Dick’s to find out that they don’t do anything with already installed cupboards, but they gave us the name of their woodworking guy.  I gave him a call and we talked about the cost and when he could do it.  It is interesting to me how an idea kind of snowballs and before you know it decisions have been made and you are on your way!  After I talked to him, Neal and I talked more and he said call him back and arrange a time for him to come and get the doors.  So a call back and a time arranged.  All this as we were driving back from Chris and Dick’s.  Our next stop was Beehive Glass to pick out the glass for the doors and find out the cost.  Actually, the cost of the glass and the installation is the most expensive and, of course, Neal and I settled on the most expensive glass!  Our story has a happy ending and we are thrilled with the outcome.  Now that we have lived with it, we want to do two more doors. 

IMG_5561

IMG_5635

What do you think?  Like it?  I have to add here, that when the doors were off the cupboard, every single time I went by and my peripheral vision caught the cupboard I would instantly go to close it and then realize that there weren’t door on the cupboard to close!  It just about drove me nuts.  Tucker, you would have loved it!  Now with the doors back on and the frame around the glass I don’t get that sensation that the door are open.

No comments:

Post a Comment