Monday, August 5, 2013

Dinner at the Gertson’s

Lynda Ann invited Neal and I out to their home for a birthday dinner.  She asked me what I wanted and I told her waffles!  I love waffles and rarely ever have them, so for me it is a real treat.  Because of our own church obligations we didn’t go out to their home until after 5 p.m.  We played a game with the kids (waiting for Jeff to get home from work at 6:30) and then Annie served us waffles, omelets made from a special omelet pan that has been in the family for over 30+ years.  For dessert she had made her famous strawberry pies.  It was a delicious dinner with everything I wanted.  The family all sang happy birthday to me as the strawberry pie was served up. 

Jeff G. always buys me an action DVD for my birthday and Christmas and this year he came through with Taken 2.  I love that movie!!  Thanks Jeff for always taking the time to find the action movie that you know I will like!  And thank you Gertson family for a wonderful evening of celebration.  You brought the weekend to a perfect ending!

IMG_5586IMG_5588IMG_5587

A P.S. for Tucker.  Andrew isn’t smiling because he wasn’t feeling well and notice my shirt!  Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment