Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fun Friday afternoon with Brock and Boston

Neal and I had the fun opportunity to watch the two little boys while Maren did her intense exercise program.  She had dropped them off just before I got home from work and the minute I came in the house, after the hugs and hellos they informed me that they were hungry.  Of course, nothing in Gam’s fridge would quite take care of their hunger and when McDonalds was mentioned it seemed that all would be well.  So we hopped in the car and off to McDonalds for two cheeseburgers with only ketchup.  On the way Brock informed me that he was 6 and in Kindergarten, which he really liked, and that he would soon be getting two new “parent” teeth.  Maren explained to me later that “parent” teeth are permanent teeth.  I thought that was a pretty good twist on words.  Boston chattered away non-stop to and from McDonalds.  I seriously had no idea what he was saying most of the time but found that an acknowledgement of “really” and “wow” and “is that so” seem to satisfy him that I not only understood his conversation, but that I also was listening intently.  Of course, the new toy is the highlight of any McDonalds meal.  Boston was very observant and noticed that we had a house decoration on our patio wall just like his dads.

IMG_4210IMG_4211IMG_4212

Neal had an appointment and came back just as the kids were finished eating.  I might add the Brock cleaned up everything in his meal and ate half of Bostons as well.  He was hungry.  We cleaned up the table and headed over to the new playground and there played with the kids until Maren came to pick them up.

IMG_4213IMG_4214IMG_4215IMG_4217

One of my favorite spontaneous pictures of Brock hugging the pumpkin.

IMG_4216

IMG_4218IMG_4219IMG_4220IMG_4221

No comments:

Post a Comment