Sunday, September 16, 2012

A RED letter day in more ways than one!

Last night was the annual BYU / Utah game and BYU just could not pull it off yet another year.  Utah ended up beating us by a field goal.  We had a chance in the last second but the final ball kicked hit the goal post and bounced out of the bars instead of in.  A little divine intervention would have been nice there, but that wasn’t to be.  Boy, I do hate losing.  Tucker is a good sport and doesn’t rub it in and I appreciate that. Congratulations to all my Utah children and grandchildren.  I took a picture of Neal just before the game dressed and surrounded by his precious red and white flower pots, and making his “U” sign (which, by the way, I had to show him)!!!

IMG_4207

One thing good about the day is that I FINALLY finished Derek’s counted cross stitch!  I have never been so glad to take a final stitch in any project I’ve worked on as I was with that one.  I will be happy – ecstatic – to get it cleaned, pressed and framed.  It will be nice to give to Derek when he comes next summer to the family reunion and he can haul it back to China.  You wouldn’t even want to know how many mistakes there are in the work of art!  So many I quit counting.  But they say, a good seamstress is one who can cover up her mistakes!  I became a pro!!

IMG_4208IMG_4209

No comments:

Post a Comment