Sunday, September 11, 2011

40 Years is worth a surprise–a surprise that just happened!

One of Lynda Ann’s dearest people in her life just happened to be in Utah on her 40th birthday.  Edwinna Allen Hintze came into our lives somewhere in the 80’s when she married Hal who is the older brother of Raymond.  When Edwinna divorced Hal she asked if she could come and live with Lynda Ann and I until she could get her life squared away and find a home of her own.  I don’t know how long she lived with us, I only know that it was some of the funniest times of our lives.  As we reminisced while looking at photos and eating lunch in Park City, there was much laughter and tears (from laughing so hard).  I could spend the time writing all the things we talked about, but they really wouldn’t mean anything or have the same impact unless you actually experienced them.  I will just headline a few of the stories so that Annie, Dana, Edwinna, Jeff and I will never forget them.

Edwinna thumping the triple lanolin lotion on her hand early in the morning

Dana with Lynda Ann after a funeral asking Annie how she felt and then turning to Lynda Ann and saying, “Feel like shit?”

Edwinna and I breaking into Ray’s office!

Edwinna telling me that Neal would never marry me if he sees my skinny, knobby knees.

The girls trip to Mazatlan with the choir ladies.  Senior Frogs – need I say more?

Lynda Ann and Edwinna staying at Steve’s house, watching scary movies.

Edwinna getting Jeff to help her move, how many times, for $50.00 bucks and a six pack.  (I don’t think I ever knew about the six pack!

The trips to Lake Powell and Yellowstone.

The trip to Boston where Edwinna had to get her own room because Neal snored so loud.

There are so many, I can’t begin to list them all.  I will say that Saturday was one of the highlights of 2011.  One neither Annie or I will forget for a long, long time.  We LOVE you Ed and hope you will find your way back to Utah often!  You will always, always be a part of our heart and family.

IMG_2383

The starting of a WONDERFUL day!

IMG_2384IMG_2385IMG_2386IMG_2387IMG_2393

Every time we would take a picture, Ed would look at it and say, “Gosh, when did my hair get so white?  Is it really that white?”

IMG_2388

9-11 was on our minds and we just had to stop and take a picture of this barn in Park City and take a picture.  We all need to thank our Father In Heaven every day for the freedoms we enjoy is this great land of America.  May we never forget the tragedy of that fateful day in September 11, 2001.

IMG_2390IMG_2391

Jeff and Mindy dropped in to give Lynda Ann her very clever birthday present and Ed was still there so we had to have a picture of the four of us.  We missed you Dana!

IMG_2395

I couldn’t put all the pictures on my blog that Ed brought, but these three are classics.  The first one if Ed, Dana and I on the back of the Sea Ray.  The next picture is Dana, me and Ed shaving our legs on the back of the houseboat.  Also in the picture is Lynda Ann’s foot.

IMG_2400IMG_2397

And last is a picture of Edwinna giving CJ (yup, that is CJ) a bottle while VERY YOUNG father, Jeff looks on.

IMG_2396

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ni-Ni the green mosquito! It's your long lost (and for a time) second adopted daughter:) I got to talk to Lynda Ann a couple of weeks ago and she told me about your blog. I remember Ed- loved that women! I often think about all the fun I had spending time with you and Ann all those years ago. Do you remember the "green-mosquito" thing from girls camp? If not ask Ann and she'll fill you in. O.K. you have always looked so good...and, 20 years later, you still look amazing and young-what's the secret? Thx for the blog, Ann said I could probably keep up better with her life through it. Ok-here's another funny thing..can you believe I'm the rs pres??? Crazy huh! Thanks for being the link that helped me get active in the church. I am eternally grateful. Love, Terra

    ReplyDelete