Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fall canning–I think I’m finally done!

I bottled some whole tomatoes last night and the smell of the boiled tomatoes brought with it fond memories of the hours and hours spent in mother’s kitchen on Saturdays bottling peaches, tomatoes, pears and apricots.  I don’t bottle near the amount she used to.  Neal and I just don’t eat that much and know one else in the family (and that includes all of you) seem to like bottled fruit.  So there isn’t much point in doing any.  I do use bottled tomatoes for my lasagna and my spaghetti sauce, so I like to have my own tomatoes over the ones bought from the store.  I also did some frozen strawberry and raspberry jam to have when the kids come to dinner, but mostly I need to have it around for Justin and CJ when they hit town.  They always make such a big fuss over my home made jam.

IMG_2375

No comments:

Post a Comment