Tuesday, May 24, 2011

One of those 'feel good' or 'warm fuzzy' moments

I suspect that I will continue, off and on, to wonder how in the world the calling of Stake Relief Society President came to me. As I visit the wards and become more and more acquainted with the sisters, I wonder even more. There are so many who are 'more' of so many qualities than I am for this calling. But I do believe in inspiration and I do believe that I'm here at this moment in time for a purpose. That purpose may never be made known to me and I accept that. So with that understanding, I have accepted this calling with faith and committment. It has been a year already and much has happened in that time. It is the little notes of "You're doing great" that always help push me forward. One such note came yesterday from President Parry:

"And thanks for your kind words about yesterday's conference. In our interviews with the bishoprics in conjunction with each conference, I typically ask for an report on the different sessions. President Little consistently tells me what a great job you do in the Relief Society meeting!

We are blessed to have you. Thank you for all you do for the sisters in the stake.

Best,
President Parry"

I love the gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment