Thursday, May 5, 2011

My long dear friend Bobby Mack – Olive Beth Kimball Mack

Bobby taught Jeffrey and Lynda Ann in the 3rd grade at Crestview Elementary.  I was a teacher’s aid for her for years and when she fell and broke her leg I took over her class for three months.  We have been friends for over 30 years.  She will be 89 this July.  Our friendship has run quite a path of trips to Europe, Hawaii, St. George, Mazatlan and Lake Powell.  She helped me through some very rough times in my life and has always been there to help lift my spirits. 

I got a call from her son, Spencer, telling me that she had fallen down her steps last week and had been rushed to the hospital to have surgery.  She broke her femur and had to have a plate put in her leg.  She is now at Highland Rehab Center for three or four weeks.  Neal and I ran over last night to visit with her.  She seems to be in good spirits and says she isn’t in any pain while healing.  That is a blessing.  She also told us that President Monson had stopped by to see her (for those of you who don’t know, she is President Kimball’s daughter) and gave her a blessing and then gave her a kiss as he left.

Bobby will always hold a special place in my heart.  I love her so much!  As I was leaving she took my hand and said, “I love you as much as I do my own daughters.” 

May2011 003 May2011 001 May2011 002

What do you all think?  Do I look 10 years younger since Lyndsy did her magic on me?

No comments:

Post a Comment