Friday, July 7, 2023

Jacob Lake

 We left St. George on Friday afternoon and headed to Jacob Lake.  I've been there one time, years ago, with Ron ad Judy.  I vaguely remember it so it was almost a new adventure.  It takes about an hour and a half from St. George.  We checked in our little cabin and when I say little, I'm not kidding.  You can barely turn around in the bathroom area including the shower.  It was kind of funny, it was so small.  And I couldn't help but think of Jeff G. trying to maneuver around that little bathroom.


I just had to send this picture to Abby so that she would know that I was ready to chill for a bit.  
Friday night they had a dinner and program in the tennis court that last a bit too long but it was nice and I was dressed warm for the cold air in the mountains.  Saturday Neal and I along with Nita and Maureen (a cousin of Neal and Nita) drove to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.  OMYGOSH!!  What a beautiful and breath taking sight.  We went to three different outlooks and everyone was spectacular.  How can anyone not believe in a God that created this amazing world!  This first picture was the moon on Friday and Saturday night.  Absolutely gorgeous!
The pictures just don't do this magnificent creation justice.  You just can't get the depth and massiveness.


Nita and Neal

After our Grand Canyon tour we came back to the Inn and had lunch.  Neal and I with Nita and Maureen
There was an old phone booth in the lodge and I had to have a picture.  I remember using them and putting my dimes and quarters in to make calls.  I also remember how we could use a bobby pin and put it in the receiver just right so that it made the sound of money dropping and then we didn't have to pay!  Probably shouldn't confess that!  I also remember that if you talked longer than your dime minutes then the operator would come on and tell you to insert more money or your phone call would end immediately.  
In the lodge they had all kinds of delicious home made cookies that were to die for.  Neal was loving the variety.  This is what he spent on the cookies just that first day!



Couple more pictures of the four of us at the Grand Canyon


Sunday morning we had church at the tennis courts.  It was actually very nice.  Then Neal and I quickly jumped in the car and headed to the cabin in Scofield.  It was a 5 1/2 hour trip from Jacob Lake.  We drove along highway 89 and 70 until we got to Fairview and then went up over the Skyline drive and down into Scofield.  It was actually a beautiful drive.  We spent Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday with Ron and Judy and then headed home Wednesday about noon.  



It was a fun trip but I have to say that I was happy when we finally walked into our house on Wednesday afternoon after being gone for so long.  




No comments:

Post a Comment