Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Bear Lake Outing

 Friday morning, Neal and I packed our bags and left for Bear Lake.  Every year at this time the Maxfields have time shares at Sweet Water on the South shores of Bear Lake.  In the past, we haven't gone and stayed because we were both working but now that we are retired we can participate in the reunion.  Neal and I were married on July 17 which is right in the middle of the Bear Lake week.  All of the Maxfields were at Bear Lake but all came down for the wedding and reception that evening.  

Neal and I golfed on Friday, Saturday and Monday.  Monday is usually when the Maxfields have their golf tournament - so to speak.  This year there were only 4 of us girls who golfed so we all won a prize but the men decided to have the fathers compete with the sons.  As it turned out, the sons won by three strokes.  Neal and I headed home after the golf tournament on Monday which was our 33rd wedding anniversary.  We usually got to Market Street to celebrate but getting back late from Bear Lake we just weren't in the mood so we will go sometime in late August or early September.  

Here are some fun pictures of Bear Lake:  This first picture is 6 of the 10 children.  Nelden and Neal had already left.  And Nalin and Nadine didn't come up.  From left to right:  Ned, Nila, Nita, Nanette, Natalie and Norm.

These is the group who golfed on Monday.  I'm not even going to try and name them because I would be guessing at some of them.  Nila is holding a rock for her husband, Gary.  The rock stays in the rock pile and they take a picture of it every year.  It has his name printed on it.  
Neal and I headed out to golf with Norm and Nelden.  Yup, I golfed with the three big hitters but wasn't intimidated.  I held my own.  Had a good time.  We will count this as our 33rd year wedding anniversary picture.  Not bad for a couple old fogeys!!
Norm and Nelden coming behind.  Neal drove and about crashed us - literally, but we survived his driving!!
When we drove into Bear Lake we stopped at the famous ice cream shop and had a sandwich and Neal also bought a raspberry shake that they are famous for.

Nita gave me an apron and some red, white and blue salt and pepper shakers for a thank you and for my birthday.  I can't find the picture of the salt and pepper shakers.  I'll have to add them later.  But this is the nice card she wrote and the apron.
The surprise of the trip was running into Lynda Ann's best friend through high school.  Diane Molten.  Her brother runs Sweet Water and Diane and her son work up there during the summer.  It was so fun to see her and visit with her for a few minutes.  I sent the picture to Annie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment