Monday, January 30, 2023

Three Backyard Friends

 Sunday morning as Neal and I were leaving for Stake Conference I happened to glance out the North windows and saw not one, not two, but three squirrels scampering around in the trees.  Neal and I stood there and watched them for a good 5 minutes or so.  They were so much fun to watch as they chased each other around the trees, jumping from limb to limb and tree to tree.  I'm pretty sure that the two really active ones that were on a fast chase were two males trying to claim their territory and the attention of the female.  It was so much fun to watch them.  This is a picture I caught of one of the scampering along the fence.



Neal and I also went to the Backyard Bird place and bought another feeder that will hold seeds and small nuts.  I'll have to take a picture of it.  We have noticed that the squirrels haven't discovered the other feeder yet.  The birds have but the squirrels seem more than happy with the peanut feeder for now.  They are now known as Chip and Dale and Nancy!


No comments:

Post a Comment