Thursday, November 11, 2021

Holidays

 The Holidays are fast here.  Today is Veterans Day and this is a holiday for all Government workers so I'm home today.  It is a dreary day.  Perfect for staying in and putting on Christmas music and decorating the house for the holidays.  Last night Neal and I pulled down all the storage containers of Christmas including the Christmas Tree.  We moved furniture around last night and set up the tree.  I can't believe how much easier it is to put up a smaller, manageable tree compared to that giant one we had for years.  It now rests in pieces somewhere in the land fill.  Perfect place for it.  I do not miss it.  Not even one tiny bit.  I think Neal is finally over it as well.  I got up early this morning, came downstairs and started opening all the boxes and began dressing the tree.  Neal came down a couple times and helped with some of the garland.  Here are some fun pictures of our home.

Just beginning the decorating.  

When I hung this little hedge hog ornament it made me think of Derek.  I had to send him a picture and let him know that we miss him.
Making progress.  I love the sign that Annie made that says, "It's not what's under the tree that matters.  It's whose around it."  Charlie Brown   Never been a saying so true.

Christmas gnomes under the tree.  And our wooden reindeer that Maren and Greg gave us.
Christmas quilt over the back of the chair.  
Finally finished.  All we need to do now is put all the empty containers back up on the shelves in the garage and then Neal's assignment is to find a cute Christmas planter of some kind to go on the coffee table.  Coffee table?  Yes, that is what we used to call the table that sat in the front room between the davenport (another old word) or couch (as they are called now) and the easy chairs.  I'm feeling very happy and cheerful.  


No comments:

Post a Comment