Sunday, September 12, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

 




Fall is in the air.  It is such a beautiful time of the year with all the flowers radiating their gorgeous blooms and the leaves on the trees changing from green to vibrant colors.  I remember going to BYU and walking home from school each day.  The huge oak trees would be dropping their leaves and I would love the sound of the leaves crunching under my feet as I walked along.  I loved the crisp Fall air with the usual soft breeze that comes with the Fall weather.  Those were such happy, carefree and relaxed years of my life.  

I loved hearing the BYU bell tower ringing out the hour with a robust rendition of "Come, Come, Ye Saints" as I was walking on campus.  That song always came with a promise - - 

"We'll find the place which God for us prepared

Far away in the West

Where none shall come to hurt or make afraid

There the Saints will be blessed."

I love living in the shadows of the Wasatch Mountains.  I loved growing up in Provo with the mountains in my backyard.  To me, they were protection and comfort.  I love that we live in this part of the world where we have the four seasons to enjoy.  I detest winter but with winter comes the hope of Spring and then my favorite season, summer.  I'm so grateful that my mother joined the church and moved us from Seattle to Provo.  I've had a good life full of happy and fulfilling memories.

Just the other day I was looking through my wedding pictures and recognized that Neal and I look much younger.  I don't think about the fact that I have aged.  I still feel like the young bride whose happy, excited eyes beam out at me from those photos.  But, I'm not really.  My hair is different, gray hair is evident, my face has a lot more lines, but, my heart and soul have expanded bigger than I ever imagined they could.  I have learned and grown so much since the, but it has happened almost without me even noticing it.  It makes me sad, and yet happy at the same time.  Sad, because I can't get back what has passed, and happy because I have so much more to look forward to.  I guess it is a good trade off.

I'm just feeling incredibly blessed and happy today.  I share my testimony with my posterity that the Savior lives.  This is His church.  The work is true.  

Love, Mom/Jeannine


No comments:

Post a Comment